3DxWare 10.5.4 Not working / 10.4.10 Crashing Win10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CCS86

3DxWare 10.5.4 Not working / 10.4.10 Crashing Win10

Post by CCS86 »

I'm not sure what changed on this system, but my SpacePilot Pro used to work fine on my Windows 10 machine.

With 3DxWare64_v10-4-10_r2558, Windows started crashing with a SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION because of 3dxhid.sys.

I did an uninstall of 3DxWare, restarted and installed the newer 3DxWare64_v10-5-4_r2703. No more crashing, but the SpacePilot doesn't work. The LCD screen will give me an "3d mouse driver not running" message. I have tried restarting, running the stop/start driver commands. Nothing seems to help. The Spacepilot pro shows up fine in device manager.

If I uninstall the newer driver and go back to 10.4.10, right back to crashing windows.

Any ideas? :?
UtaSH

Re: 3DxWare 10.5.4 Not working / 10.4.10 Crashing Win10

Post by UtaSH »

Hello CCS86,

I am sorry to hear you have problems with the driver software for your SpacePilot Pro. Is it confirmed that you have a SpacePilot Pro (colored LCD)? Or do you have a SpacePilot (square LCD)? 3DxWare 10.5.x does not support the SpacePilot any more, but the SpacePilot Pro is still supported.
  • Have you tried different USB ports?
  • Have you tried other USB devices on that specific port?
  • Do you get the crash as well if the device is not connected, but the driver installed?
  • Or the other way round: do you get the crash as well if the driver is not installed, but the device is connected?
  • Do you get the crash right after you logged in? Or just after some time?
  • Do you have the possibility to test the device on another machine?
  • How does the crash look like? Is it a blue screen? Or an error message? Does Windows crash or the Explorer or just 3dxhid.sys?
You see - I have a lot of questions ... It might be a good idea if you contact our Technical Support Team to clarify all this. ;)