NX 12 and Spacemouse wireless problem on reboot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

EvaG

NX 12 and Spacemouse wireless problem on reboot

Post by EvaG »

Hi

We have upgraded our seats of NX and installed the Spacemouse on 6 newly purchased workstations. Those are stock Windows 10 (1709) built, offline, and running NX12 only. We are using driver version 3DxWare64_v10-5-4_r2703.exe (the latest one and the only that support NX12 I've been told).

We are having great difficulties making this work under Windows 10. Problem is; if we reboot our computers, the spacemouse stop working and reinstalling the driver/software is the only way to get it to work again. Therefore the advice at the moment is NOT to restart those 6 workstations (Powered ON 24/7) so our team can be productive when they arrive in the morning.

Could anyone please let me know where should we start looking for logged errors? Nothing clearly indicate a problem when looking at the NX log itself nor inside MS Event viewer. Is there anywhere else I should look to see if we can catch this bug?

For info, everything else is working fine on our fleet of Windows 7 64bits workstations.

Thanks
UtaSH

Re: NX 12 and Spacemouse wireless problem on reboot

Post by UtaSH »

Hi EvaG,

do you mean with "stop working" that you cannot navigate with the 3D mouse in NX 12? Or is it that just the buttons do not work as expected?

If you even do not can navigate it might be that you are running NX and the driver with different user levels? See here for more details .