Solid Edge ST10 - 3DxWare 10.5.4 driver issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

MartMl

Solid Edge ST10 - 3DxWare 10.5.4 driver issue

Post by MartMl »

Hi

Solid Edge ST10 lags after latest 3DxWare driver installation: Here is my thread in SE Community https://community.plm.automation.siemen ... 767#M38441

SE Thread start:
"I'm having problems with graphical capabilities. If I rotate the model then all wireframes dissapear and if I stop the model then computer starts to recalculate new wireframes and lags until new wireframe is calculated. I'm having only 20+ parts in my assembly. The same happens also in part modeling environment with simple 2 to 4 featured (extrude/cut/holes) parts with dimensions 20x20x4mm.

Also when creating or editing parts or sketches, it's uncomfortable to select planes and contours due to feelable unresponsivness.

I have tried different graphics drivers, different SE graphics settings and different Quadro settings, Nothing seems to be helping. I have reinstalled Solid Edge which didnt help either"

SE Thread ending:
This seems to be the root cause. If uninstall all 3DConnection drivers and turn 3D mouse off then all the problems dissapear. If I reinstall latest drivers these problems arise yet again in a little lesser amplitude.. So it seems to be that I have to ditch the mouse or suffer the "consequences" . I have to say that i'm not entirely happy about the final dilemma!

3D Mouse driver:
3DxWare 10.5.4
3DxWin Core 17.5.4.14569

Solid Edge ST10 64-bit information:
FileVersion: 110.00.00.107
ProductVersion: 110.00.03.003 x64

I'm using Lenovo W530 Workstation with Win7 Pro Sp1 64bit - Specs are:
i7 - 3840QM
Quadro K2000M
12GB RAM
256 SSD

What to do to get this 3DxWare 10.5.4 driver package to work?

Best regards!
UtaSH

Re: Solid Edge ST10 - 3DxWare 10.5.4 driver issue

Post by UtaSH »

Hello MartMI,

do you see the lag right after you started working with Solid Edge? Or does it start only after some time?

Since when do you have ST10? Have you tried a previous version of 3DxWare with ST10 as well? My question is: are you seeing the lag only with this version fo the driver or have you seen it before as well? Or with previous versions of Solid Edge?

It would be helpful if you could send us a log file of the driver that was created while you were seeing this issue in Solid Edge ST10. See here how to create the log file.
MartMl

Post by MartMl »

Hi

I bought the startup licence from Siemens about 3 months ago and have been struggling this problem since. Because I'm grown tired of this problem and it seemed that i can't solve this problem on my own. Then I finally reached out to SE community as stated in my first post..

I used Fusion360 previously with older drivers and this seemed to work. Yet if I remind to my self I had lag problems also with Fusion but then I could't connect it with your drivers. And to this moment I don't know what caused it back then.

But back to ST10:

The laggy behavior starts instantly after installing and opening cad package. Weirdly this affects even cad application menus.
I was using some older version before I installed the latest version - 3DxWare64_v10-5-4_r2703. After installing the latest drivers this laggy effect went little bit better. At the moment i'm using latest drivers but I deselected everything i don't not need from installation wizard and again this has has made
better improvements.

But i'm still having lag spikes with not regular intervals.

Log files can be downloaded from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vslcult70v29y ... e.log?dl=0

Best regards!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Thanks for the log files. We will look into this.

Do you see a difference with small parts/assemblies compared to large parts/assemblies?
MartMl

Post by MartMl »

Hi

Yes. There is big difference between assembly sizes. Bigger assembly lags more.

Best regards!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi MartMI,

apologies for not coming back to you earlier.
  1. Which model of our 3D mouse devices are you using? In case it is a wireless device: do you see a difference if you use it wired (connected with the USB cable)?
  2. Do you have an antivirus software running? It might be that all incoming USB packets are scanned by this antivirus software which would cause a lag.
  3. Are you sitting directly at the machine or are you using a remote connection?
  4. Does the situation improve once you de-activate the logging of our driver? (Right click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and de-activate the entry "Write Log File".)