Cannot Add device to CadMouse Receiver

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

MitchYurko

Cannot Add device to CadMouse Receiver

Post by MitchYurko »

I received my CadMouse Wireless yesterday, and after following the instructions to initially connect, I'm finding I cannot pair any of my 3DConnexion devices with the new receiver. After opening the 3DConnexion Properties window, it shows a graphic of the USB receiver and the name "Universal Receiver". When I click the Add device button, the cursor spins for a moment then nothing further happens. I am running the latest version of 3DxWare. I have a Windows 7 64bit system. I have a SpaceMouse Wireless device with its USB receiver that has worked great since I bought it almost 2 years ago. I've tried unplugging all other USB receivers, moved the new receiver to other USB slots and nothing helps. I can operate the CadMouse like any normal wireless mouse, so the receiver is seeing the signal. Is it something with the new receiver, or a bug in the 3DxWare???

I'm hoping this is something simple to fix, as a driver or software re-install has to go through our IT department. Has anyone else had similar trouble with adding devices to their new receiver???

Excited to use this CadMouse, been looking forward to a wireless version for a long time!

Thanks in advance!

Mitch Yurkovich
Huron County, MI
UtaSH

Re: Cannot Add device to CadMouse Receiver

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Mitch,

it might be that there is something wrong with the receiver. Would you please contact our Technical Support Team?
MitchYurko

Post by MitchYurko »

I tried contacting support. When I try logging into my account to send the request, it says my email is not recognized. I try to create an account while writing the support ticket, but I don't get any kind of verification that the account was made or the ticket went through. Email address that I try logging in with is XXX[at]XXX[dot]com. This forum is the only 3dconnexion site that I can successfully log into.

Edit (moderator): removed email from public view.
ezekiel

Post by ezekiel »

Same problem in here with new CadMouse Wireless. Was there any solution to this?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

MitchYurko wrote:I tried contacting support. When I try logging into my account to send the request, it says my email is not recognized. I try to create an account while writing the support ticket, but I don't get any kind of verification that the account was made or the ticket went through. Email address that I try logging in with is XXX[at]XXX[dot]com. This forum is the only 3dconnexion site that I can successfully log into.
Hello MitchYurko,

I apologize for the inconvenience you encounter. We will contact you to verify if the receiver is broken.

Thank you for your patience,
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

ezekiel wrote:Same problem in here with new CadMouse Wireless. Was there any solution to this?
Hi ezekiel,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They will initiate the replacement of the Universal Receiver in case it is broken.

Thanks,
Robert Theiner

Post by Robert Theiner »

Hello, I have absolutely the same problem. I have already contacted support.
Konstrukter1

Post by Konstrukter1 »

I have the same problem with my CADMouse wirelesses. It works on USB cable but with wirelesses mouse its recognise just as regular wirelesses mouse.
Its disappointing that user have trouble with product that supposed to be a professional. We pay a good price, its not a 20€ mouse and it would be nice if work as it should be. Im user of Spaceexplorer and CADMouse (Not wireless), great products. But with my last buy (CADMouse wireless) I believe that this is my last buy from 3Dconnexion.
Konstrukter1

Post by Konstrukter1 »

The same problem here. So if i write that Im disappointed with 3DConnexion i get my post deleted? Nice.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Konstrukter1,

I apologize that your post didn't show up. I have approved it now. I saw that you contacted our Support Team and you should have received your replacement receiver in the meantime.
Konstrukter1

Post by Konstrukter1 »

Hello,

yes your team did contact me. I explain what is the problem and they send me the replacement USB plug. Sorry for some harsh words, it seams that that was just little boy inside me that want his toy talking ;)
You are producing great products. And i rather speak directly to you that thru our re-seller here. Faster and easier.

Best regards,
Franc