Spacemouse Enterprise with Autocad Mechanical (2D)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

paulc12345

Spacemouse Enterprise with Autocad Mechanical (2D)

Post by paulc12345 »

Hi all

trying to get used to this device after 10years of using the keyboard commands with autocad. I've found its a bit different in terms of the subconscious thought that my mind is doing when carrying out commands - so please can someone confirm if this is just "how it is" or whether I'm doing something wrong....

looking at the Trim command

keyboard
to trim I would select the line that is the boundary, then type TR and ENTER then select the line that I want to try/goes past the boundary line. The length would reduce

using the spacemouse
(I have setup a hot key for trim function)
I have to think "I want to trim something" before I press anything
I press the hotkey, then I have to select my boundary line, I press ENTER on spacemouse, then click the line I want to trim.

similar for copying from a base point, normally I'd select the items, press SHIFT, CTRL, C (stretching the hell out of my hand I will admit) and then select my base point.
Now I have to think..."Ah I want to copy from point" select my hotkey, then select the base point, then select the items. (a total change in workflow)

Typically at the moment I've already selected most of the items before remembering that the spacemouse wants me to press the button and select a base point before selecting any lines.

Its not a big deal in terms of world peace/poverty however it does mean the way my mind subconsciously processes the ACAD commands has to completely change (after 10years this is like learning to drive again!). I'm guessing its just the way it is...?

Regards
Paul
paulc12345

Re: Spacemouse Enterprise with Autocad Mechanical (2D)

Post by paulc12345 »

Hi all

So does nobody here use the 3D Connexions spacemouse with autocad 2D that could help me?

Regards
Paul