DWOS Joystick not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

THdental

DWOS Joystick not working

Post by THdental »

In Dental Wings only buttons are active.
What plugin i need to make joystick run?
Thank you
Barbara

DWOS Joystick

Post by Barbara »

Hello THdental -

Dental Wings is an application that has added support for 3d devices beginning with the Space Navigator to their software. With this type of application all that is needed is a current 3Dconnexion device and driver - no plugin is needed.

Which 3Dconnexion device and driver are you using ? Is it working outside of Dental Wings ? You can use the installed demos to check [Start| Programs|3Dconnexion | Demos - Jet Demo]

-------------
Barbara
THdental

Post by THdental »

Hello
I use SpacePilot Pro
s\n 3dx-600037
driver version 3.15.2
windows xp 32 bit
demos are working fine
In DWOS only buttons are working shift,ctr,alt and menu(rotates model to top view)

with beta drivers only one axis is working ,but beta is unstable
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello THdental -

It is possible there is a registry key or remnant from a previous installation interfering. You can use the clean install steps to return the SpacePilotPRO to its original settings. That should be all that is needed for any of the applications like Dental Wings where 3d device support has been added to the application.

With some applications there are specific modes or options required. If you are not able to navigate in Dental Wings after a clean install you would need to check with their technical support.

-----------
Barbara
THdental

Post by THdental »

I have contacted them already
They was not able to help me.
SpacePilot pro was not tested with dwos yet
THdental

Post by THdental »

Clean instal was not help.
Is such a big difference between SpaceExplorer and SpacePilot pro?
As dwos support sad SpaceExplorer and SpaceNavigator works well
DentalFusion

Re: DWOS Joystick not working

Post by DentalFusion »

Hi there,

I bought a Space mouse wireless for the use in the DWOS software.
According to our developers and the training guys they said it is a great tool to have - hence my purchase.

Now I sit with a joystick not working properly. Have any one in the discussion managed to get their space mouse to work? Or are we on a dead end?
I dont get real support from the support team and the guys from dwos point me to 3dconnexion?

I cant use the joystick as it only zoom into and out of the screen.

Is there any solutions available?

Kind Regards
W
UtaSH

Re: DWOS Joystick not working

Post by UtaSH »

Hi DentalFusion,

I am sorry that you are bounced forth and back. But we do not have any information about this application. You can find here a list of applications that we know of that support our 3D mouse. I don't see DWOS.

In case they implemented the support of our devices then they didn't tell us.

In case they added the support for the 3D mouse by not making use of our SDK then you would not need our driver. But in those cases we often see that they do not add new devices once they are launched such as our wireless devices or the SpaceMouse Enterprise. If you have the possibility to borrow a SpaceNavigator and can verify if this device would be recognized by DWOS then this is the case.