PACS

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tsadek

PACS

Post by tsadek »

Hi,

I'm a radiologist and was wondering if anyone had any experience with using this mouse within PACS software in addition to the standard mouse/keyboard combo.

Presumably I would need to install the drivers onto the workstation but if I could, I would want the mouse to then go on to be able to do things like pan/zoom the current live image, re-window the image, perhaps map one of the keys to a measurement tool etc..

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible??

thanks in advance!
jwick

Re: PACS

Post by jwick »

https://www.novarad.net/novapacs/ ??
That would be VERY useful.
We do have a partner doing a VR/AR solution in a similar area. It's very, very cool technology. Particularly for a remote doctor.
taggie313

Post by taggie313 »

Hi, I'm a product manager @ Philips Healthcare and interested in UX/HMI topics for radiologists. I'd like to chat about your interests if you're up for it.

What PACS product are you using today?

Thanks in advance,
-Josh
tsadek

Post by tsadek »

Hi Josh,

I currently use both Agfa Impax (6.1) and Insignia regularly and am very interested in PACS customisation, particularly with regards to interfaces. I'm would be happy to speak with you - what would be the best way?

kind regards,
Tamer
jwick

Post by jwick »

And to both,

I'd be happy to help you with your interaction hardware/software issues. I think this would be a very useful tool for the profession.

Jim
tsadek

Post by tsadek »

I agree!

I'm trying to get my department to buy one as a pilot program. I would just buy one myself but I need them on-board for software installation, customisation etc.. as we don't have administrator rights on our workstations. If we do, any help would be most welcome.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Tamer,

Don't spend your money yet. Your software has to support it first. Josh needs to take the lead with his products, and similar PMs at Agfa and Insignia.
I suggest you contact your vendors.

The good news is, the actual software work is a day or two. The bad news is, if the configuration has to be certified as a medical product, it's ages. I don't know what the case is here. OTOH, it is a tremendous competitive advantage for the company that does it first.

Jim