New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead product

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

alle090

New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead product

Post by alle090 »

Hello,

Ive bought a Spacenavigator today in which I planned to use for media editing and games. However it seems that I have an major issue, no software tends to recognise the 3D mouse.
For example, I am trying to configure Arma 3 (MilSim game) but the game dosent recognize ANY values from the mouse, it flickers sometimes and registers 1 value once ever restart.
So I found this thread from 2013: https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =37&t=7734
But when he refers to the XML and to configure using the Joystick template

Issues:
  • No program seems to recognize any input, NOT even Windows own GamePad controller
  • It is impossible to understand the how to configure an custom .xml without documentation
  • All of the stuff under "Announcements and Frequently Asked Questions" seems to be old as fuck and out of date....
DID I just buy an outdated unsupported product?
Or is there a way to make "shit" work for me? :(

Btw: Did the creators remove a GUI configurator for Joystick emulation but still kept the function?! So how do I as a user understand how to configure XML? THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... 4&start=15

[RIG]
  • Windows 10 Pro - 1607
  • 16 GB Ram
  • I7 1511
  • Asus 980 TI STRIX
Inb4 someone actually links an up2date documentation...
alle090

Re: New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead prod

Post by alle090 »

ah great, I cant edit my old posts... so my original post looks like shit....Thanks..
UtaSH

Re: New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead prod

Post by UtaSH »

Hello alle090,

I apologize if you are unsatisfied with the possibilities of your 3D mouse. You can find a list of supported applications on our website.

In order to use an application with 3Dconnexion devices, support for 3D devices would need to be added inside this software. Adding 3D device support to an application is determined by the application developer rather than by 3Dconnexion. We have an SDK [Development Kit] which any software developer can download at no cost and which allows the integration of 3D device support in proprietary software. Please see here for more details.

We advise our customers to contact the Customer Service of applications that are lacking support and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include 3D support in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.

Editing the XML files is possible but not trivial and not something we officially support as this can cause problems that we are not able to solve. Therefore there is no documentation available.

(I edited your post to show the listing you wanted.)
German_ti

Re: New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead product

Post by German_ti »

Ok. My app in the list. Its ArcMap.
And its not true. Not working at all!
Please explain why there is an application in the list, and is written on the device screen: Arcmap, but nothing works?!
(The device works properly in other applications)
Maybe somebody has working cfg file?!
UtaSH

Re: New user as of today - Dont tell me I bought a dead product

Post by UtaSH »

Hello German_ti,

I have to admit that it's been a while that we had the chance to test AcrMap. It might be that the support for the 3D mouse had been dropped. Please contact ESRI for more information about this.