Spacepilot doesn't work with Catia V5R21

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pfrosal

Spacepilot doesn't work with Catia V5R21

Post by pfrosal »

Hi to all

I've a problem only Catia program (Inventor, SolidEdge, Solidworks function well).
Some days ago my spacepilot (not version PRO) worked with Catià.
I updated the 3dconnection driver from 'wizard update' in 3D Connexion proprieties app. (driver version 3.16)
I started Catià yesterday and I discovered that all functions in Spacepilot didn't work only with Catià program.
I uninstalled the driver and I'tried to install the new driver (ver.10).
Now when I run Catià program on the disply I see 'CATIA' but all functions doesn't work (no ratation, zoom, esc, CRTL, etc etc).
I tried to unistall Catia program and 3dconnexion driver and re-install all but I've no success.
Can you suggest me some solution, please?

I use PC with Win 7 64bit, I7 cpu.

Regards
pfrosal

Re: Spacepilot doesn't work with Catia V5R21

Post by pfrosal »

Thank you very much to all.....
Fortunately I've resolved by myself....
Zlamki

Post by Zlamki »

Hi pfrosal,

I have the same problem with my Space pilot pro, so can you please explain me how did you solve it.

Thank you
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Zlamki -

If you are seeing your Space Pilot PRO working in other applications but not in Catia that usually means the firewall is blocking Catia. Catia recognizes a USB device as a network connection so it needs to be allowed to pass through the firewall.

On a network an IT tech is needed to add a firewall exception. On a personal PC, determine where on your system the Catia executable CNEXT.exe is located - for instance C:|Program Files|Dassault Systemes|B17|intel_a|code|bin|CNEXT.exe - and add it to the firewall exceptions.

If you are seeing a different problem, please let us know whether the driver is the current 3DxWare 10.4.3 and for button mapping, whether the buttons are being mapped inside the Catia Button Customization.
--------------
Barbara
Kinghowi

Post by Kinghowi »

*test