3DxWare 10 for SpacePilot Pro (Win)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chilischote

3DxWare 10 for SpacePilot Pro (Win)

Post by chilischote »

When will 3DxWare 10 be availlable for the SpacePilot Pro?
Barbara

Re: 3DxWare 10 for SpacePilot Pro (Win)

Post by Barbara »

Hi chilischote -

The current 3DxWare 10 for Windows driver - Release 10.0.20 - recognizes the SpacePilot PRO and can be used with it on an as-is basis. If you would like to try the 3DxWare 10 driver , choose Space Mouse Wireless instead of SpacePilot PRO on the downloads page. The 3DxSoftware driver needs to be uninstalled before installing 3DxWare 10.

If you are asking about the official release of 3DxWare 10 as the supported SpacePilot PRO driver, we do not have a date available. Driver releases are posted on our download page on the day they become available and are not pre-announced.
----------------------
Barbara
chilischote

Post by chilischote »

Hi Barbara,

thank you for your reply.
I have deinstalled the beta driver and installed the current 3DxWare 10 for Windows driver - Release 10.0.20.
Now Photoshop crashes after a few seconds with the error message "Photoshop funktioniert nicht mehr".
I have had the problem before with former versions of the driver, but I don't know any more how to fix the problem. Can you please help?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello chilischote -

The 3DxWare 10.0.20 driver uses the same version of the Photoshop plugin used in 3DxWare10 Beta 16 and in 3DxSoftware Rel 3.17. If Photoshop was running when the driver was changed, it is possible the 3DxPhotoshop plugin was not correctly installed. In that case I would expect 3d navigation to not work - but for Photoshop to crash on opening sounds more like a corrupted Photoshop configuration.

Check the path of your Photoshop version for the 3DxPhotoshop plugin - ie C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plugins\3DxPhotoshopCS5. If it is not present, it can be copied from the 3Dconnexion folder [C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxPhotoshop]

One way to check the source of the Photoshop crash is to stop the Space Pilot PRO driver before opening Photoshop [Start, All Programs, 3Dconnexion, Driver, Start Driver | Stop Driver]. If the crash occurs with the driver stopped, check Adobe help steps for restoring Photoshop to its original settings.

The shortcut to the prompt for restoring Photoshop defaults is Ctrl+Alt+Shift. Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift buttons at the same time. While keeping the buttons held down, open Photoshop. A dialog box asks if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file.

If Photoshop opens correctly when the 3Dxware driver is stopped, use the clean install steps to return the 3Dconnexion profiles and registry keys to defaults.
-------------------
Barbara
chilischote

Post by chilischote »

Hi Barbara,

thank you for the support!
Yes, last time the missing 3DxPhotoshop plugin was the reason for the problem. I have installed two versions of Photoshop, CS6 and CC. Maybe because of this the plugin is missing. I will give it a try.
There ist one more thing. After starting Windows 8 each time there appears a small window in the upper left corner with the title "EMPTY" and only one button, which ist empty. You can click on the button but nothing happens. I always have to close the task "3DxService" in the task manager to close this window. This also happend with the beta driver installed. Maybe you have a solution?

Kind regards,
Oliver
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Oliver -

I suspect the 'Empty' window is something left over from the beta install since we haven't been seeing it reported. Stopping "3DxService" turns off the driver. The 3DxWare driver can restart itself so must be starting again.

The window that usually opens on the left is 3DMouse Home with 7 button links to Properties, Manual , Viewer etc. Perhaps there is something wrong with the 3DMouse Home startup so that it is not opening properly.

You can use the clean install steps here to remove previous versions as well as 3Dconnexion registry keys and profiles. The AppData path in Step 3 listed for Vista is also correct for Win 8.

-------------
Barbara
codedidit

Post by codedidit »

Folks,

Ran into this small message box on Windows 7-64 this morning. Title Bar says "Empty". It's only button is blank and does nothing. And box won't close from the task bar.

when I installed 3DConnexion drivers last year I only had Autodesk suite on the machine . However...

Over the past week I have been updating Adobe CC apps to 2015. I have not attempted to config any kind of 3DConn apps for Photoshop or other Adobe apps yet. Wasn't aware of any.

One thing I did do was mess up my drive letters.

!!! This story is not necessarily applicable but it might help mods track the problem - unless newer 3DMouse driver is the only fix I'm missing to get rid of the box !!!

I wanted to transfer data from old IDE drives onto new machine. I got a slick Tripplite adapter which plugs into and powers accessory IDE's or SATA's. Poor instructions suggest you can trust their little power switch and skip any powerdowns of the system. Seemed to work in that regard but - in my case anyway - the system recognized the partition assignments on these older drives and ended up changing the drive letters for the External drives. Might not have happened if I'd had my External drives assigned with drive letters Y: and Z:. Mine were at N: and P:. Letters A: thru K: were occupied by the machines existing partitions. Letter J: however was unassigned and the system gave J: to the first partition on the drive I was archiving. And the other partitions on that drive may have contained drive letters that matched the ones already assigned on my internal drives. The system assigned new letters there as well.

Anyway at one point I noticed the LED's on my 3DMouse were not on. About that time was when the machine was not booting properly - kept locking up at the blinking cursor stall. I unplugged the 3DMouse, the USB External drives and finally the machine booted into Windows. Once back in I straightened out the drive letters back to where they were (for file and shortcut compatibility), and that seemed to get me back in business.

The mystery of this odd, virus-looking, tiny message box though is that in my case I had made sure that with this new Windows Installation I made sure to let Autodesk and Adobe CC stuff and all my IO stuff (including the 3DConnexion stuff) go onto drive C: at default locations.

Wish I was expert enough to know if the USB port assignments might have produced this box.

Also: Went to Services in Windows and only one of the two active (TaskManager) services for 3DMouse appears. It appears that the one 3DMouse driver that needs to be restarted, can only be done with a reboot. And I expect I will see this annoying little message box even after I reboot.

Sorry for jacking this thread. Input seemed relevant. Please advise if I should download updated drivers. It seemed to me that Windows was happy with drivers on my original 3DConnexion CD from a year ago.

Thanks muchly,

Jim