SpaceMouse Pro only rotates about 2 axes in AutoCAD 2014

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

xpadilla1

SpaceMouse Pro only rotates about 2 axes in AutoCAD 2014

Post by xpadilla1 »

I tried searching for a similar problem in the existing topics but I have not come across this one yet. I am only able to rotate in two axes inside the AutoCAD 3D environment. All three axes work in Inventor and the jet and cube test programs included with the driver package. I am using 3DxWare 10 version 10.2.6.

Since the mouse appears to be working fine, am I missing a setting within AutoCAD?
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse Pro only rotates about 2 axes in AutoCAD 2014

Post by UtaSH »

Hi xpadilla1,

the settings that control the 3D mouse in AutoCAD 2014 are on the AutoDesk Navbar - the vertical toolbar with options for 3D navigation. The Navbar is a part of AutoCAD rather than part of the 3Dconnexion software. To activate the Navbar in AutoCAD 2014, click the View tab - Windows panel - in the User Interface drop-down , select Navigation Bar.

There is a default setting created in AutoCAD 2014 by AutoDesk for 'Keep Scene Upright'. When this is selected it makes the Roll axis unavailable. This option controls whether the viewpoint of the model can be turned upside-down while navigating. Un-check 'Keep Scene Upright' in the Navbar settings to enable the Roll axis.