Maya 2016/2015 errors in channel box

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dseeni

Maya 2016/2015 errors in channel box

Post by dseeni »

Hello,

I am disappointed with my 500 dollar purchase of the space pilot pro. I am using windows 8.1 with the latest drivers, I have reinstalled, repair installed, calibrated, many times however when I am using maya 2016, certain parameters in the channel box "flash" repeatedly and I am unable to click on them or access them. Usually this occurs when working with some polygon primitives, nurbs curves, and image planes, but it is randomly scattered throughout the application and is really annoying! I basically have to disconnect the 3d mouse to say set the image plane to a certain height or width, or access all the parameters in the rebuild curve option. Yeah its pretty annoying. Can you please fix this?
UtaSH

Re: Maya 2016/2015 errors in channel box

Post by UtaSH »

Hi dseeni,

have you checked if it helps if you calibrate the device? (Right click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray, select "Calibrate" and follow the instructions.)
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

Hi Utash, calibrate does not help. However unchecking auto select rotation pivot solves the issue. I am not sure why that effects certain channel box parameters but this solves the issue thankfully :) funny, I only found out a solution randomly after dealing with this issue for months.. usually i would have to unplug the device and not use the mouse for periods of time where i needed to do channel box heavy tasks. Please look into this issue and issue a fix/direct other users to this solution! thanks.
dseeni

Post by dseeni »

still an issue sadly. Auto rotate turned on is helpful if you want to navigated or smart rotate around the model. The problem is in the driver, without anything selected not only does the 3d mouse not rotate around the object or world origin, it also just goes crazy and flies away in Maya. I am using 2016 with the latest driver. Please help anyone?