SpaceNavigator suddenly stopped working with Autodesk

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

madkins12

SpaceNavigator suddenly stopped working with Autodesk

Post by madkins12 »

Okay all, I have used my SpaceNavigator for about a year on this PC. One day, I noticed that it wasn't working with any Autodesk products (Autocad, Inventor or Maya). I then decided to update the driver since I was purposely using an older version since I was having BOM crashing issues in Inventor 2013. The update unfortunately had no effect on the functionality for Autodesk software; the 3Dconnexion control panel is still visible and accessible, the SpaceNavigator still works with the 3Dconnexion demos and Google Earth, just not the Autodesk software (where it gets it's main use). I've attempted different drivers and usb ports, but those were in vain; also, I have noticed that the 3Dconnexion CP only lists "All Applications" in the drop down (see attached). It use to have the other software options, such as Inventor in there so that I could have different programs set up a bit differently.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

PS. If I connect the SpaceNavigator to my Mac Book Pro, it works fine; just not on my workstation.
Attachments
3dconnexionCP.JPG
3dconnexionCP.JPG (42.55 KiB) Viewed 6537 times
madkins12

Re: SpaceNavigator suddenly stopped working with Autodesk

Post by madkins12 »

Nevermind, for some reason the update didn't seem to be taking. Although I had went through the update wizard and was told that I was running the latest version, it just did not seem to take (same for the driver download from the website). I had to completely uninstall it twice for the install to finally get to a working state for some reason. What made things even more interesting was that my previous version was listed in control panel as v1.3 instead of v10.0.22; I'll just chock it up to an odd fluke.