CadMouse Driver Update = 3 steps back on my Space Pilot Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Chrome

CadMouse Driver Update = 3 steps back on my Space Pilot Pro

Post by Chrome »

I updated the drivers to support the CadMouse but i found out that the bug in the 3DxWare 10 for 3DSMax I reported really, really long ago isn´t fixed.
The previously accessible and MOST useful options for 3dsMax are still hidden under "Advanced settings / Navigation Modes and Other options " and it is still not possible to assign them to a radial menu whatsoever.

In the previous driver they were just ONE click away, actually the "pause motion" was the first option there! Now I have to navigate through 3 screens just to pause the device. Is like the opposite of speeding the workflow...

Camera mode, Object mode, Auto key animation, etc. All previously one click away are now of no easy access nor assignable to radial menus...

Do I have to revert to the old driver? but I guess the CadMouse isn´t supported.
Chrome

Solution to missing popup 3dsMax menus

Post by Chrome »

Thankfully the team of 3dConnexion helped me with this one. It was originaly a bug, when I reported it . But now is solved.

I leave the reply here in case someone have the same question.

"I just double checked on my lab machine in the office, although the camera controls are adjusted via the GUI of the driver in the Advanced Settings, you can also do this by assigning the popup menu to one of the buttons (or a radial menu button) on your device.

Please note in the picture below that is the popup menu command located in the 3Ds Max > 3Dconnexion section of the driver dropdown"

Thanks guys!
Attachments
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (13.08 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
image001.png
image001.png (37.78 KiB) Viewed 2578 times