SpaceNavigator Mouse in Rhino 4

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

todell

SpaceNavigator Mouse in Rhino 4

Post by todell »

Just got a SpaceNavigator Mouse and have been using it in Revit and Rhino 4 and love it. However, when using the mouse in Rhino it's only active in a single view (which I can't seem to change). When I move my cursor to another view or have another view active, the SpaceNavigator will still only control the first view. The only way I've found to change this is to enlarge the view I want the SpaceNavigator to control, spin the view around, then go back to the four view window.

It's a little hard to explain so I'll give an example. By default, when I open Rhino I have the default 4 views open, Perspecive, Top, Front, and Right. Originally, the SpaceNavigator will control the perspective because that's what originally activated so both my 3D mouse, and standard mouse will control the same window. However, when I move my cursor over to another view (for example the Top) and click to make it active, my 3D mouse will not change. What happens is my 3D mouse will still control the Perspective view and my standard mouse will control the Top view. The only way for me to change what the SpaceNavigator controls is to double click the view and let it take up the whole screen, navigate around, then double click again to return to the 4 view screen.

Don't know if anybody else has had this issue but from what I understand, the 3D mouse should follow the cursor of the standard mouse. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if anyone needs more clarification.

Thanks In Advance,
T
UtaSH

Re: SpaceNavigator Mouse in Rhino 4

Post by UtaSH »

Hi todell,

Rhino 4 is a bit outdated as far as I know. Since version 5 of Rhino we have a rather close relationship to the developers from Rhino and the implementation of the 3D mouse was improved. I recommend to upgrade to Rhino 5.