SpaceMouse Pro Wireless not working in Photoshop

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

CincyTriGuy

SpaceMouse Pro Wireless not working in Photoshop

Post by CincyTriGuy »

I just bought a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless specifically for use with Photoshop. I've installed the 3Dconnexion software and the device is definitely working, I've gone through the tutorials and test apps and everything works. However while in Photoshop, the cap doesn't do anything. I wanted to use the cap for pan, zoom, and brush size. The Alt, Ctrl, Esc, and Shift keys are working though.

My machine is Windows 8.1 using Photoshop CC 2014.

Jason
Barbara

Re: SpaceMouse Pro Wireless not working in Photoshop

Post by Barbara »

Hello CincyTriGuy -

Photoshop requires the 3DxPhotoshop plugin. Run the 3DxWare installer again with Photoshop closed and choose Modify > Repair. You should see the 3DxPhotoshop.8li plugin in your Photoshop plugins folder.

It is possible to install the plugin manually by copying it from the C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxPhotoshop folder but in most cases the installer will do it.

------------------
Barbara
CincyTriGuy

Post by CincyTriGuy »

Thanks Barbara!

Thanks for getting back with me so quick and sorry for the late reply. Reinstalling didn't fix the problem but I did figure it out: The 3dconnexion installer was installing the plugins into my Photoshop CC folder, but I'm using the Photoshop CC 2014 update which is an entirely separate and newer instance of PS. I copied the plugins folder to this instance and it's working now.

But now that it's working I have another question. Panning is working great with the cap, however I had wanted to use pull up / push down for zoom, and cap rotation for brush size. I can't seem to get that working. Do you have any suggestions? My original intent of purchasing this device was to use it for panning, zooming, and brush size in PS and so far only 1 of the 3 is working.

Jason
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello CincaTriGuy,

you can change the setting for the zoom direction in the "Advanced Settings" in the 3Dconnexion properties. If you set the bullet instead of "Forward/Backward" to "Up/Down" you can zoom by pulling the cap up and down.
AJP2015

Post by AJP2015 »

SpaceMouse Pro driver for SketchUp 2015? It's possible?
CincyTriGuy

Post by CincyTriGuy »

UtaSH wrote:Hello CincaTriGuy,

you can change the setting for the zoom direction in the "Advanced Settings" in the 3Dconnexion properties. If you set the bullet instead of "Forward/Backward" to "Up/Down" you can zoom by pulling the cap up and down.
Thanks Barbara. However I just can't seem to get that working in Photoshop. Zooming with the cap works fine in other apps, but in Photoshop, neither the Forward/Backward nor Up/Down setting will zoom.

Jason
SChabineau

Post by SChabineau »

I too am having this problem. I can pan just fine, but the zoom function does not work. I am on photoshop CS5.
When I pull or push, the cursor flashes quickly as if a command is trying to process, but nothing happens to the zoom level.
I have tried resetting PhotoShop to defaults using CTL+SHFT+ALT, but no change.
The advanced dialog for 3Dx doesn't indicate any problems (such as greyed out commands or the like).
I don't what to have to do a clean driver install and setup all my other program shortcuts again. I also am leary of using a 'saved' profile to restore the shortcuts, as if the saved file has the bug I will just perpatrate it back into the settings.
CincyTriGuy

Post by CincyTriGuy »

SChabineau wrote:I don't what to have to do a clean driver install and setup all my other program shortcuts again. I also am leary of using a 'saved' profile to restore the shortcuts, as if the saved file has the bug I will just perpatrate it back into the settings.
I'm using a clean install, as I'm a new SpaceMouse user and just recently installed everything from scratch. So I definitely would not recommend going through with a clean install, I don't think it will help you.

Jason
SChabineau

Post by SChabineau »

Good to know - I wont bother with it at the moment then.
My issue has persisted for as long as I can remember. I use my center mouse wheel to zoom in PS, so it's not 'dead in the water' for me - however as an extensive SolidWorks user I am very used to zooming with the 3Dx controller, so this is a constant 'readjustment' for me.

It would be really great if someone from 3Dx could get back to us on this bug. I am willing to work through it with them within reason...
CincyTriGuy

Post by CincyTriGuy »

SChabineau wrote:It would be really great if someone from 3Dx could get back to us on this bug. I am willing to work through it with them within reason...
Totally agree. There are other posts here about the exact same issue (no zoom with center wheel in Photoshop) and 3Dconnexion always replies that it should work. If it should work, I'd like specific details as to how, because so far I've seen no confirmations that it works.

Jason
SChabineau

Post by SChabineau »

I went through and updated to the latest driver, and now my SolidWorks is all screwed up and I am getting no response from 3Dx. Becoming increasingly unhappy.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello SChabineau,

can you explain what kind of problems you have?

Please try if removing any existing configurations solves the problem. See here how to do that. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.
Aabharan

Post by Aabharan »

Very helpful post for me, i am searching solution for this problem long time back and i got my solution in these discussion. :)
ThG

Post by ThG »

Greetings,

As a new member I cannot start thre new topic.

Here is my surprising problem.
I have just received a 3D mouse wireless.

Sadly it does not work neither with photoshop Cc 2014 nor Illustrator CC 2014. Both 64 bits.

Within Photoshop (plugin installed) I can only pan up-down, left-right.
No other function are possible (2D mode)
I admit I am quite dissatisfiied and disappointed.

Shall I miss something?
I woul appreciate any helpful suggestions.

PS

Within PS CS6 the mouse seems to perform well zoom and pan, but no possibility of changing a brush size, etc.
BrentF

Post by BrentF »

I have the same issue as ThG. Somehow SpaceMouse doesn't work for my Photoshop version, however I'ma Mac user.
Have already checked all the possible variants, but I cannot find the reason. Can it be because of plugins I use for Photoshop (to be more precise, this is the one https://aurorahdr.com). Personally I doubt it, but I feel lost and guessing the most unrealistic reasons.
Could you please help me?
Looking forward to your reply!