3dConnexion Mouse settings reset? Help?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tholden44

3dConnexion Mouse settings reset? Help?

Post by tholden44 »

Im using Solidworks 2014 on Win7x64 and on a 3d Connexion Space Mouse Pro.

Every time Solidworks closes i have to set up all of my settings on my space mouse again. Why wont the settings stay saved?? Ive tried making profiles and the connexion control panel is set to autosave settings but it refuses to actually do that. Can i please get some help this is driving me nuts. Thanks!!

Tyler
Barbara

Re: 3dConnexion Mouse settings reset? Help?

Post by Barbara »

Hello Tyler -

From your description it sounds like you are using 3DxSoftware which is now a legacy driver rather than the current 3Dxware driver. I can tell you how to save SolidWorks settings using 3DxSoftware - but you can also solve the problem by switching to the current driver.

In 3DxSoftware there is a separate editor inside SolidWorks to map the SpaceMouse Pro buttons. Choose 'Customise Buttons' from the pop-up menu 3Dx pop-up menu that opens from the Menu button on Space Mouse Pro to open the 3DxSolidWorks editor. The 3DxSolidWorks editor has priority over changes made in the 3Dconnexion Control Panel - so it overwrites changes made there each time the application restarts.

The current driver - 3DxWare - has all of the commands in the 3Dconnexion Properties window [called 3Dconnexion Control Panel in 3DxSoftware]. In 3DxWare you will see just two buttons in 3Dconnexion Properties - Advanced and Buttons and the settings autosave.

To switch to the current driver, download the 3DxWare driver here , close Solidworks, uninstall 3DxSoftware and install the 3Dxware driver.

The 3DxWare driver also adds SpaceMouse Pro navigation in web browsers and MS Office applications.
------------
Barbara
tholden44

Post by tholden44 »

Thanks for the reply!

I am using old software. But it is because of how the software has changed. I posted in this thread and you can see why im not using current drivers https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =25&t=8245

Do you have any solution for this without me losing the way i like to use the 3d mouse?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

The issue described in the linked thread is fixed in the current release driver. Please give it a try.