spacemouse Enterprice LCD stopped working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Freakieboy

spacemouse Enterprice LCD stopped working

Post by Freakieboy »

Dear all,

I just installed the spacemouse enterprise on my macbook pro (10.13.2) and used it on vectorworks 2018 spotlight. After 1 hour of happiness the spacemouse didn't work anymore. (buttons where working but the mouse itself was dead). I have reset my laptop and reconnected the mouse, but the LCD screen only shows ' Space mouse Enterprise' and not the button info. This was working the first hour, but now notting. Do I do something wrong? All my custom button settings are still working, but the display doesn't show them.

I hope somebody can help me, I don't want to send it back after 1 hour out of the box :)

Best regards.
UtaSH

Re: spacemouse Enterprice LCD stopped working

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Freakyboy,

have you seen this FAQ? The kernel extension has to be manually enabled.

If the device is connected to the macbook do you see it listed in About this Mac -> More Info ... -> System Report -> Hardware -> USB?

USB DeviceTree MAC OS X.png
USB DeviceTree MAC OS X.png (136.45 KiB) Viewed 14443 times
Firebert85

Post by Firebert85 »

Can confirm--just got plugged a brand new SpacePilot Ent. into a 2015 macpro, the first few minutes had the screen clearly up--but then there was some weird funky-ness going on... My computer started acting like i was holding the tab button down on the keyboard, as the cursor was flying rapidly across different fields and buttons--but i wasn't pushing anything. Unplugged the SPE, the "tabbing" stopped. Restarted computer. No more screen functionality.

The mouse works though--as in, the button mappings and actual 3D mouse/viewing work just fine in sketchup, just no screen. I just see the SPE logo splash screen.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Firebert85,

it could be that your device is faulty. I recommend to contact our Technical Support Team and follow their troubleshooting steps. In case the device is faulty they will start the RMA process for you.