Space navigator and CadMouse - 2 issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

lord anubis

Space navigator and CadMouse - 2 issues

Post by lord anubis »

Dear all,

Using the 3D drivers of the current Oct17 version with Sierra and High Sierra it eats my memory, I got 24 GB but when using F.e sketchUp It yells very fast memory full.

In the 3DConnexion preferences window, I can't see my Cad mouse. Also the click doesn't work. This happens when upgrading to High Sierra. I did instal everything from scratch as an l;ast resort but still no mouse.

Any suggestions, or anu update soon also for SketchUp? ( it looks like beside the hungry memory, that the installation path is wrong )

Please help.
lord anubis

Re: Space navigator and CadMouse - 2 issues

Post by lord anubis »

BTW, I don't see any mention about the Extensions is blocked or whatever notification so far. The security and Privacy Pref Panel doesn't show any mention.
Also the component registration moment of the installer during installation takes at least 8 minutes and more. This happens both as an regulair User and Administrator.

Please help. I didn't buy just for fun those devices. The only fun I would like to see is working with those.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

When I look into my OS X Console I see that
3DxNLServer
crashes at least 2 times a day.

But only if I have my Enterprise plugged in.

I also use Wacom driver for my Cintiq.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello lord anubis,

please check this FAQ for High Sierra and see if you can solve the problem.
lord anubis

Post by lord anubis »

Okay, it works now, so far. I did need to load the drivers twice, with first only the mouse connected. I had to disconnect the navigator.
The second time with both connected, then I did see the device popup to choose for which device I want to do the settings. Every USB device has his own Id, so why do we have to disconnect?

In the past I could move the cursor with the navigator, when the cad mouse is connected, not any more.

Remark, the logical place of the device popup menu for choosing the device is definitely not under de tab bar, but above. :oops:
After changing the device the tab bar changes!? :oops: again

Also, it can take some time before the device popup menu comes up, and then jumps always unwanted to the cadmouse.

Thank you
lord anubis

Post by lord anubis »

Don't no how to edit my post.

After changing the device the tab bar changes!? :oops: again
Should be
After changing the device the tab bar changes!? Thats ugly, also a reason to have the device popup menu above the bar. :oops: again