CadMouse Wireless + Mac = Screen Pointer

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

AWDL

CadMouse Wireless + Mac = Screen Pointer

Post by AWDL »

So like a lot of people I am sure I have been waiting for a wireless version of the Cadmouse forever. I was so happy to see the news about it being available and immediately ordered one.

It arrived yesterday and I tried everything to get it to work but I couldn't get the buttons to do anything. The website says it works with the current Mac drivers and directs you to them but it doesn't. It moves the pointer around the screen but you can't click on anything.

I tried reinstalling the control panel and reverting back to old software and nothing.

I looked on google and on here but couldn't find anything so figured I must be doing something wrong.

I finally gave up and spent a while on hold to tech support and guess what... the CADmouse wireless doesn't work because it has no drivers. It isn't a bug... they just haven't been written yet. I am promised they will be but they don't know when.

So I hope this message saves someone from wasting as much time as I did.

Maybe 3DConnexion could note the fact that this expensive mouse and Mac OS is a useless combination until they get around to writing and releasing software to make it work.

Its a pretty rubbish way to treat customers who have spent hundreds of pounds with you.
jag.vangastel

Re: CadMouse Wireless + Mac = Screen Pointer

Post by jag.vangastel »

unfortunately I was to quick with ordering as well. Hopefully they will develop the driver ASAP.
UtaSH

Re: CadMouse Wireless + Mac = Screen Pointer

Post by UtaSH »

Driver is available now since a few days. See here.