Mac OS X and other devices

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

SourceChild

Post by SourceChild »

Why aren't represenatives of 3D Connexion addressing the visible complaints?

My firm uses Macs. We also use several flavors of UNIX and Linux. Our primary development platform though is MAC OS X.

We have Space Pilots. We desire to have Space Pilot Pros. We want them to work on our Macs.

There are probably thousands of Mac users who would use the Space Pilot and Pro on their Macs.

Just write the driver, or open the SDK further so that we can.

In short, would a moderator or representative of 3DC please comment.
There are no Stupid Question...
Only stupid answer(ers). Please don't be one.
BeCamilo

Post by BeCamilo »

there were a drivers update, first on feb 19 2010, only for the PC, then on march 16 2010 there was one for the drivers for mac, but only for the navigator. No one from the 3DConnexion has answer any of this posts -or at least with a serious answer- is obvious that they don't have any plans on supporting the spacepilot pro on mac. (How long this product has been on the market?)
They are not going to say that, because that would be a very dumb strategy, but the facts seem to point that direction.
Probably I'm just being a sad pessimist, but I hope, I'm wrong, because I would really love to use my spacepilot pro on my mac (now serving as a useless but pretty bookend) :P
PSSpt

Post by PSSpt »

Hi there!

Hi recently acquire a SpacePilot Pro.
But the nightmare started when I went to drivers page, search the mac version... "Sorry there is no driver available for your selection!"! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

How is this possible???? A work gadget like this, 400€, and don´t have official support???

I found some tricks to use the "ball", but the keys, the display?
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Guys hope you can solve my problem as well, I used to be able to tell teamspeak 3 to open other audio devices (e.g. soundflower, aggregate devices) and have it send output to those devices. After the update it seems to refuse to open any of these other devices. The important one is soundflower, so I can route the output through logic pro.

What changed and is this a bug or should I set something different in the client to allow me to do this? Since this used to work, I'm presuming it's not deliberate that it got broken.

This is for teamspeak 3.0.0 build 14954 on MacOS 10.5.8 on a macbook G5.

Thanks in advance.
cvdl

Re: Mac OS X and other devices

Post by cvdl »

Just got me brand new iMac and installed various driver but when it came to the 3D SpacePilot driver: bummer!
On my previous PC it worked fine (windows) but iMac Mountain Lion does not.
Have asked a question with the folks of 3D where I can find the drivers for my SP but I guess i will not get the answer I want (reading the entries in this forum).
What surprises me is the attitude of 3D in not listening to its customers when they ask valid questions for support.
Companies can not allow themselves to have such an attitude as it will come back and bite them one way or the other.
My SpacePilot now is useless to me and it is likely it will gather dust - and I"m not happy with that (spending a lot of money on something I can not use so far).

If 3D is not willing to make such a driver why not hand over the involved sw files for the older products to a smaller company willing to create such an iMac driver. I guess there are enough folks around that have the knowledge to do so.

Sol is there anyone who may have a solution to this matter?
Thanks.
MarkusRobinson

Post by MarkusRobinson »

12/1/2017 Space Traveler3 not working with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1 after download of 3DxWareMac_v10-5-1_r2709.dmg.
Getting classic Firmware error message "No Device Found" in System Preferences/3Dconnexion/Tools. I know this is an old device, but I love it.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

See here.