Maya 2017 SpaceMouse Pro driver not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

pixelwash

Re: Maya 2017 SpaceMouse Pro driver not working

Post by pixelwash »

Is have you got the Spacemouse working for Maya 2017 yet? It doesn't work for me....July 24 2017...with the driver I just downloaded.
pixelwash

Post by pixelwash »

I've discovered that not only is the Maya driver not working, installing it breaks Maya's polygon construction tools, so they drop out of action if you navigate using the normal UI while in the process of creating a polygon. It has meant I needed to remove the Mel scripts associated with the Spacemouse to use Maya at all...
pixelwash

Post by pixelwash »

It's funny, I bought this Spacemouse years ago to use in Maya, and it never worked properly even back then, so I unplugged it, and it has sat on my desk as an expensive paperweight. I recently did job using Sketchup because that is what the client wanted, and I decided to give the Spacemouse another go, and it worked great using Sketchup, and that inspired me to give it another go in Maya. And it STILL doesn't work! Lol! What is the problem guys? How many YEARS does it take to write a working driver for Maya?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi pixelwash,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They will do the necessary troubleshooting to solve the issue.