LightWave 3D Support for Space Pilot Pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jamessawle

LightWave 3D Support for Space Pilot Pro

Post by jamessawle »

In have just moved to another company and in the process moved from Maya to LightWave as a Platform and have brought my Space Pilot Pro with me but I cannot seem to get it working at all with LightWave, any help would be much appreciated...

James
UtaSH

Re: LightWave 3D Support for Space Pilot Pro

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jamessawle,

can you give us some more information about the versions (Mac OS X, Lightwave, 3Dconnexion driver)?
lardbros

Post by lardbros »

Hi there,

I use LightWave and a 3dConnexion device (multiple ones too) and currently, any driver above version 10.4.4 doesn't seem to work correctly in LightWave modeller or layout.

I've been in touch with LightWave's support and they think 3dConnexion drivers are the issue, but I'm waiting for some info from 3dConnexion as I have a call raised with them too.
Hopefully between them we can sort the issue?

The problem I have, specifically, is that the 3d device will ONLY work when a properties panel is open in LightWave. If the main UI is highlighted, it won't work. Weird eh?
Anyway, try older drivers, v10.4.4 and it'll work fine.

I have the issue on my Win 10 64-bit and Win 7 64-bit, both with very different devices, so it must be a problem with LightWave or the drivers, as opposed to something I have installed interfering.
The devices I have issues with are: Space Pilot (win 7) Space Navigator (win 10) and Space Mouse Pro (win 10).
I hope something can be sorted quickly as I also use 3dsMax 2017, and 10.4.4 doesn't work in 3dsMax.

Thanks,
Tim
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Tim,

your post is about windows and this is the Mac Forum. So I answered your question here.