Problem: Incorrect range of rotation on one axis

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

tuscland

Problem: Incorrect range of rotation on one axis

Post by tuscland »

Hello,

I have noticed that the X rotation has a range that differs from the other axes. I would like to know if that is a problem from my device or if this is something I can fix.

For a range that would theoretically go from 0 to 1 with a rest value at 0.5 the X rotation show values going from 0.38 to 0.61 (resting at 0.5), while the Y and Z rotations correctly go from 0 to 1 (roughly).

I tried to calibrate the device in the 3Dconnexion Preferences Pane, upgraded to the latest driver version, but nothing changes.

If I check the raw HID values using HIDExplorer, I can see that the device reports much lower values for the X rotation than the others, hence the problem doesn't come for my application.

I don't think I had this problem before, but I can't tell since when it appeared. I remember the device fell one time on the floor and since it is heavy it could have been hurt, maybe it could be the reason?

I would appreciate if someone could give me other options
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The rotation range for X should be similar to the other axis. One thing to check is the scaling is centered for Tilt on the driver pref pane's Advanced tab. If it is, then it's like a hw issue.

Note that the driver is a filter driver so values reported by HIDExplorer are transformed by whatever speed settings you have.
tuscland

Post by tuscland »

thank you for the info, I think there is a hw problem.