3D connexion software will not install on Mac with parallels

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Modifikees

3D connexion software will not install on Mac with parallels

Post by Modifikees »

I'am using a powerbook with parallels en windows XT. I installed the PE space nav. on the Mac OS X 10.5.6 without any problem.
But i don't succeed installing it on the windows software. The 3Dconnextion control panel is on the desktop but i can't open it and the space navigator don't want to do anything.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi,

Is your device recognized by Windows?
Robert Stadie
Modifikees

Device is not recognized by Windows on MacBook

Post by Modifikees »

Robert,
I checked this out with another PC but on the MacBook with paralles and WinXT I don’t have te "Human Interface Devices" category in the Device Manager.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Do you have a regular 2D USB Mouse connected?
Robert Stadie
Modifikees

Can't install on a PowerBook with Parallels and Win XT

Post by Modifikees »

No, only the trackpad.
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Connect a 2D USB mouse to your computer - this will initiate the installation of required Microsoft HID-drivers. After that it should work - please let us know what happens.
Robert Stadie
Modifikees

software will not install on MacBook with Parallels en WinXT

Post by Modifikees »

When i plug in the mouse, i get the message:
You aare trying to connect USB HID device to the virtual machine. The device connected to the virtual machine will be inaccessible in Mac OS X until it is disconnected from the virtual machine or until the virtual machine is stopped or suspended. If you connect your pirmary keyboard or mouse to the virtual machine, it will be inpossible to use them in Mac OS X.
When i choose YES the mouse is not working in WinXT. When i restart, or choose NO the mouse is working in WinXT.
After installation of the 3D Conn. software i still don't have the Human Interface connection in the Device Manager. (it's not working)
When i look at the Mouse in Device Manager i see a “ Mouse Synchoniziation Tool”. Gives this a clue?

Kees
[/img][/quote]
bjson

My SpaceNavigator is not working on parallels

Post by bjson »

Hi
I have the same problem. I used to have windows on my mac with bootcamp, and it worked without any problem. Now I use the same SpaceNavigator with Parallels and its not working. The 3dconnexion software ist not starting up.
I allready tried to reinstall it, but its still not running.
Can you help me? What can I do?
Modifikees

Re: My SpaceNavigator is not working on parallels

Post by Modifikees »

bjson wrote:Hi
I have the same problem. I used to have windows on my mac with bootcamp, and it worked without any problem. Now I use the same SpaceNavigator with Parallels and its not working. The 3dconnexion software ist not starting up.
I allready tried to reinstall it, but its still not running.
Can you help me? What can I do?
Hello,

A colleage of me has done the installation he told me the following:
Try to create as (new) USB divice in Parallels.

Kees
Evangelos

Post by Evangelos »

Hello,
I have a problem with me 3D connexion SpaceNavigator Device.
It connected with the Mac OS software, but it can not connected with Parallels (windows XP) software. I want to use this device on the program with the name: CATIA V5R19.
I have already installed the driver on the Mac OS and on the Parallels, in Mac OS I can run the 3D connexion Software (control panel) but on the Parallels I can not open the Driver Software (controll panel). I have tested the device on the GOOGLE EARTH of MAC OS and it works.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Evangelos,

officially the use of our devices in Parallels is not supported from our side. But we have heard of users being successful after upgrading to the latest version of Parallels. I believe you have to make sure you have the HID device available on your Windows.
CofflDrw

MacBookPro Parallel XP Pro SP3 Alibre Design

Post by CofflDrw »

Anyone gotten a Space Navigator to work under Parallels?

MacBook Pro Snow Leopard 10.6.3, Parallels 5.0.9344, XP Pro SP3 all patches updated on all software.

Pulled the software driver for XP from the 3D Connexion web site this evening, tired all three versions. 3-8-2, 3-9-0 and 3-10-1

Parallels sees the Space Navigator on the USB. Windows installed an HID driver for it. Installed the MAC software, but do not have any apps to know if it work. But hey it lights up.

When I try to install the software for the Windows side it returns - not a valid Win 32 application. Did not try on Linux under Parallels.

USBDeview on the XP Pro under Parallels will see the Space Navigator as a connected device, so Parallels know the device is alive, as does Windows XP under Parallels but no driver software.

Would this work if I had installed Windows using boot camp, then used the Boot Camp image for Parallels? Is there support for VMware Fusion instead of Parallels?

I want to use Alibre Design Expert on the MacBook Pro under Windows. I am about to go to 8 gb ram model and also another MacBookPro so I would like to get this working.

The device works fine on Win XP Pro, Vista Business and Win 7 where that is the native OS, so I am used to the device and know it works correctly once the drivers are installed. Alibre will immediately recognize the device and allow use in the application on Windows.

I also have the Space Navigator for notebooks if that would work better, but I like the larger unit. It fits in a small Nikon lens case for travel just fine.

It will save me carrying another laptop.

Thanks,
David C
ngomes

Re: MacBookPro Parallel XP Pro SP3 Alibre Design

Post by ngomes »

Hi CofflDrw,
When I try to install the software for the Windows side it returns - not a valid Win 32 application
It looks like the file you are trying to run is corrupted. Try downloading it again.
Nuno Gomes
mtbiker

navigator with parallels

Post by mtbiker »

I'm running a space navigator under parallels and XP professional SP3 on a MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6.3, Parallels Desktop 5 build 5.0.9344.

I used the latest downloads from 3D for both the Mac and XP 32 bit.

Once Parallels/XP starts I have to go to the drop down menu/devices/usb/ and there is a space navigator choice. Select it and it unbinds it from the Mac and it works fine in MasterCam, Solidworks, Google Earth and Photoshop 7. I haven't tried it in every app, but I'd bet it will work if it can work in a native PC platform.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Good luck.
tureluur

Re: 3D connexion software will not install on Mac with paral

Post by tureluur »

Yes confirmed, although not supported by anyone
Spacenavigator works for me with:
Macosx 10.7.5
Parallels desktop 7.0
windows 7
driver for spacenavigator: 3DxSoftware64_v3-16-2_r1356.exe
spaceclaim 2012

Had to reinstall once, and mess round a bit, do a search for the control panel. No clue where that ended up, its called 3d ware or something confusing like that. Well windows...guess thats normal.
And yes like stated above unbind from mac by checking the V under devices/usb/space navigator (exit coherence to get these parallels menu's)

But then: Victory; it all works